Braised Pork With Rice
500g Pork belly
20g Peanut oil
30g Oyster sauce
35g Light soy sauce
15g Dark soy sauce
10g Shanghai green
Rousong, arugula, rock sugar, for garnish
- Place the pork belly in a steamer. Arrange ginger slices, scallion sections on top of it, sprinkle with a small amount of salt. Steam over a high heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the steamer, let it cool. Cut it into 3cm to 4cm cubes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add chopped scallions and minced ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant. Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and sugar to the wok, together with the pork, stirring to mix well.
- Pour in the stock (enough to just cover the pork), bring it to a boil. Let simmer over a medium to low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwile, cook the rice in a steamer or rice cooker. Cut the carrot and green into fine pieces. Poach the carrots and greens in boiling water briefly or until sofened. Remove from the water and immediately submerge in cold water to cool. Drain completely.
- Mix the rice with the carrots and greens together in a bowl, seasoning to taste. Form the rice mixture into a ball with your hand.
- Remove the pork from the wok. Place the pork individually in a warm plate, along with the rice ball. Garnish with rousong, salad green, rock sugar and serve immediately.
Chef: Ma Da Long