This is a revised version of the famous Sichuan Zhong Jiaozi, yellow bell pepper is added for its appetizing color and fresh peppery flavor. The novelty triangle design is both fun and functional, less fragile when steamed.
500g All purpose flour
300g Yellow bell pepper juice
500g Ground pork
30g Ginger juice
3g White pepper powder
6g Rice wine
25g Chili oil
12g Soy sauce
10g Garlic juice
6g Ginger juice
5g Sichuan pepper oil
5g Rice wine vinegar
Roasted sesame seeds for garnish
1. Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl, gradually add the pepper juice into the bowl, mix well, form into a smooth dough. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put the pork in another mixing bowl, add the salt, ginger, egg, pepper and wine into it, mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl, put it in a floured counter, shape it into a evenly logged dough. Cut the dough into equal sized ones about 30g per piece, then roll into thin rounds.
4. Place about 20g of the pork in each round, gather up the edge of the wrap and form into a triangle shape. Make waved edges on the outside.
5. Steam the Jiaozi over a high heat for 10 minutes after the water comes to a boil.
6. To make the dipping sauce, mix together the chili oil, soy sauce, ginger juice, pepper oil, vinegar, salt and sugar, set aside.
7. Place the Jiaozi individually in a serving bowl, pour 5g of the dipping sauce over it. Garnish with roasted sesame and serve immediately.